Prep Time: 12 Mins
Yields: 6 schoolhouses, 8 crayon sandwich cookies, or 16 singular crayons
What you need:
Betty Crocker® Sugar Cookie Mix
3 Tbsp. coarsely chopped candied ginger
1/2 cup quick oats
1/2 tsp. salt
1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened slightly
Betty Crocker® Blueberry Muffin Glaze
1. Preheat oven to 325°.
2. Place the cookie mix, candied ginger, oats and salt in a food processor and pulse 5-6 times or until it resembles a cornmeal texture with a few small visible pieces of oats and ginger. Add the butter and eggs and pulse just until the dough comes together.
3. Divide dough in half and roll each piece out into 1/4″ thick sheet on a floured surface or between 2 sheets of wax paper.
5. Cut the 16-3″x1″ rectangles to make the crayon cookies, trimming the tips of one end to create the tip of the crayons. The scraps can be re rolled to create more cookies.
6. Place cookies on parchment lined sheet trays at least 1 inch apart. Bake until just golden, about 12 minutes. Cool completely.
7. Decorate the schoolhouse and roofs as desired with Betty Crocker Cookie Icings and Cake Mate® Decorating Sugars and Gels. Add a little extra Icing along the top edge of the schoolhouse and attach a roof to it.
8. For crayons sandwich cookies spread Icing on the front of a 8 crayon cookie , then sprinkle with sugar. Once the cookies have dried, spread a little Blueberry Muffin Glaze on the non decorated cookies and place a decorated cookie on top of each one.
Recipe from Sprinkles & Grins