What you need:
1 – 19.9oz box Betty Crocker Family Size Dark Chocolate Brownie Mix
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup vegetable Oil
2 eggs, beaten slightly
2 tubs white frosting
Betty Crocker® Classic Gel Food Colors in Blue Green, Yellow and Red.
Betty Crocker® Cake Icing, Black
1. Preheat oven to 350˚. Line a 13”x9” cake pan with aluminum foil along the length of the pan with enough room to allow for a 2 inch over hang on both sides. Spray the pan and foil with non stick cooking spray.
2. Stir the brownie mix, water, oil, and eggs together in a medium sized bowl until just blended. Do not over mix. Pour batter into prepared pan and spread evenly with a spatula to ensure even baking. Bake for 25- 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted within 2 inches of the pan perimeter comes out almost clean.
3. Cool brownies completely while preparing frosting. Divide the frosting into 4 small bowls. Tint the frosting with desired gel food colors, such as yellow, red, green and blue.
4. Once the brownies have cooled, remove them from the pan by first running a knife along the sides of the pan not covered by foil. Next, grasp the foil overhang and lift the entire tray of brownies from the pan and set them on a clean cutting board. Cut brownies into 12 servings.
5. Frost the tops and sides of each brownie with the tinted frosting. Pipe book titles and binder decorations on brownies with the black Cake Icing.
* Helpful Hint – Frosting the bottom side of a brownie is easier than frosting the top which may flake while spreading. Chilling the brownies until ready to use also makes them easier to handle and frost. Once they are frosted, store them at room temperature.
Recipe from Sprinkles & Grins