What you need:
-Assorted miniature baked goods – donut holes, cake pops, mini muffins
-Assorted small fruit items – red and green grapes, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries
-Cake Mate and Betty Crocker Decorating Icings in a variety of colors
-Assorted decorating items – nonpareils, sugars, sprinkles
-Apples for displaying Snack Pops
1) Place baked items and fruit in separate bowls to prepare for assembly.
2) Arrange apples on a serving dish or platter.
3) Working with one skewer at a time, begin alternately sliding fruit and baked goods onto the skewer. Leave about a 1 ½ to 2 inches at the bottom so the skewer can be pushed into the apple. You will also need to leave enough room on the top of the skewer so you can hold onto it.
4) Place a star tip onto a pouch of Decorating Icing. Cover your baked item with icing, sugar and/or sprinkles. Be creative!
5) Once the pop is decorated, carefully push the skewer into the apple until it is secure. Place a small item such as a blueberry or grape on top of the skewer to finish the pop.
6) Repeat the process placing 2 or 3 pops in each apple. Fill as many apples as you like.
*Helpful Hint – Place skewers on top of apples and only slightly slanted. Placing skewers in the sides of the apples will cause the apples to topple over.
Submitted by Leslie at Leslie Reese.